MET BKC SEVA, Nashik
Bhujbal Knowledge City was formed in the year 2006 under the banner of Mumbai Educational Trust. Small sapling of this Bhujbal Knowledge City has grown in to a big tree spreading over MET – BKC campus at Nashik. The Bhujbal Knowledge City is continuously spreading education in Engineering, Polytechnic, Pharmacy and Management. Students belonging to different castes and religion are taking education at this centre. Poor students are provided with financial support by the Trust. The campus undertakes various activities. Skill and Personality Development programs are also undertaken by the trust. During the span of decade, board of trustees noticed that in addition to education, students and staff should be participating in social responsibility initiative as responsible citizens of this society. Since 2009 MET BKC has undertaken Social Development initiatives, under the guidance of Hon. Foundar Chairman Chhaganrao Bhujbal, in the three adopted villages i.e. Kone, Nagosali, Goulane. Other rural areas were also covered under social responsibility and National Service Scheme of S.P. Pune University. From such social initiative, staff and students have become more and more enthusiastic about social awareness.
MET-BKC SEVA’s Objectives and Approach under CSR Activities
- To make student aware about social responsibility & social issues in the society with the involvement of institute staff
- To provide assistance to the needy people in selected communities through various social initiatives
- To make empower people economically, socially & health wise
- Environment Promotion in the selected communities
- To provide infrastructure facility in the communities through MET-BKC SEVA, Govt. Schemes, corporate funds etc.