Prevention and Prohibition of Ragging
Ragging is strictly prohibited in the college premises. If anybody found indulged in such kind of activities, strict action will be taken irrespective of the extent. Supreme Court of India has banned ragging. In order to prevent such activity in campus, several committees have been developed and brought into operation even before the start of 1st year classes by the Principal. The Principal / the Anti ragging committee shall take immediate action on any information of the occurrence of ragging.
Anti-Ragging Committee :
According to Hon. Supreme Court of India Order dated May 8, 2009 regarding Prohibition of Ragging in Education Institutions, MET’s School of Architecture and Interior Design have formed this Anti-Ragging Committee :
Members of the Anti-Ragging Committee :
|Sr. No.||Committee Members||Designation||Contact No.|
|1||Ar. Bhalchandra Laxman Chaware||Chairman||7391830033|
|2||Hon. Dilip Jagnnath Khaire||Civil Society Representative||9822788233|
|3||By Designaion : Police Inspector||Police Administrative Representative||0253-2309711|
|4||Mr. Nitin Raka||Local Media Representative||9822118338|
|5||Ms. Rekha Nadgowda||NGO Representative||0253-2580197|
|6||Ar. Samruddha Mogal||Faculty Representative||9422755548|
|7||Mr. Manohar Karda||Parents Representative||9822059456|
|8||Mr. Atharva Manish Tambat||Students Representative||7745045599|
|9||Ms. Vaishnavi Namdev Nagare||Students Representative||9552421117|
|10||Mr. Yogesh Rambhau Pawar||Non-Teaching Representative||9822731638|
Members of the cell, Squads/ Monitoring staff of Anti ragging will conduct orientation program for prevention and prohibition of ragging for the students, for the faculty, non-teaching staff, which includes administrative staff, contract employees, security guards etc.
Anti-Ragging Squad :
|Sr. No.||Staff Name||Branch||Contact No.|
|1||Ar. Shailesh Ramesh Devi||Architecture||9422249087|
|2||Ar. Krushna Nandkumar Rathi||Architecture||9371469191|
Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited within the premises of the college/department/classroom as well as on public transport. Any individual or group of individuals who indulge in an act or practice of ragging, constitutes gross indiscipline and such individual/ groups shall be dealt with as per the ordinance. This includes individual or collective acts or practices that involve physical assault or threat or use of physical force, which violate the status, dignity, and honor of any student. Students shall not :
- Violate the status, dignity and honour of girl students.
- Violate the status, dignity and honour of SC and ST students.
- Expose students to ridicule and contempt thereby affect their self-esteem.
- Entail verbal abuse and aggression indecent gestures and obscene behavior.
The Principal / the Anti ragging committee shall take immediate action on any information of the occurrence of ragging.
Action Against Ragging :
Maharashtra Prohibition of Ragging Act 1999 which is in effect from 15th May 1999 has the following provision for action against ragging.
- Ragging within or outside of any educational institution is prohibited.
- Whosoever directly or indirectly commits, participates in, abets, or propagates ragging within or outside any educational institution shall, on conviction, be punished with imprisonment for a term up to 2 years and / or penalty which may extend to Ten thousand rupees.
- Any student convicted of an offense of ragging shall be dismissed from the educational institution & such student shall not be admitted in any educational institution for a period of five years from the date of order of such dismissal.
- Whenever any student or, as the case may be, the parent or guardian or a teacher of an educational institution complaints, in writing of ragging to the head of the educational institution, the head of the educational institution shall without prejudice to the forgoing provisions, within seven days of the receipt of the complaint, enquire in to the matter mentioned in the complaint & if, prima facie, it is found true, suspend the student who is accused of the offence, & shall, immediately forward the complaint to the police station having jurisdiction over the area in which the educational institution is situated, for further action. Where, on the enquiry by the head of the educational institution, it is found that there in no substance, prima facie, in the complaint received, he / she shall intimate the fact, in writing, to the complaint. The decision of the head of the educational institution shall be final.
- If the head of the educational institution fails or neglects to act in the manner specified in section “d” above when a complaint of ragging is made, such person shall be deemed to have abetted the offence & shall, on conviction, be punished as provided for in section “b” above.
All the students those who will be taken admission in the MET’s School of Architecture and Interior Design, Govardhan, Nashik should jointly sign the affidavit with parent and same should be submitted along with admission form. Each member of the premises must report promptly any case of ragging which comes to his/her notice to Anti-Ragging Committee.
Hoardings are placed in prominent locations within the MET’s BKC Goverdhan campus to exhort the students not to indulge in ragging and also indicating the names of officials and their telephone numbers to be contacted in case of ragging.
Surprise checks by anti-ragging squads within the BKC campus such as canteen, bus stop, Indoor Sports Room, Sports Ground, and preventive action if any ragging activity going on like giving warning to the indulged students that Ragging is strictly prohibited at the first instance and suspension from institute after unanimous decision of the anti-ragging committee.
Contact Numbers of anti-ragging committee communicated to the students through representatives in order to report any distress to the student Enclosing :
- Hon. Supreme Court of India Order dated May 8, 2009 regarding Prohibition of Ragging in Education Institutions
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi Notification dated July 1, 2009 for prevention and prohibition of ragging in technical Institutions, Universities including Deemed to be Universities imparting technical education.
- Maharashtra Prohibition of Ragging Act, 1999
- Formats for Affidavits to be given by students and their parents at the time of admission